Saturday, January 11, 2014

Eye See Tea

In whatever business that you may venture into, you need information, even before starting up . Having information and not doing any thing with it, can ruin your business.  It is important also to note, that you have to be able to disseminate information to whatever audience you are trying to reach.

Part of my strategy in this business,  is to develop my IT skills to take hold of the technology that is at my disposal. ICT and agriculture is now the talking point all over the world. Even as a small scale farmer I need to find information very fast. With the growing rate of technology I must adapt to be successful.
CTA web 2.0 training
 
CTA and UNTAR has e-learning courses that one can tap into to help develop their communication skills. There is an old saying "knowledge is power". After the completion of the course on web 2.0 I now collaborate on the internet making use of some of the social media platform's that are available.This does not mean, that whatever someone else is doing, may work for you in your domain but that's all part of the learning, to see what will work.



If I am affected by a disease or pest, and need some information, I consult my online extension officer (Google) . If I need a weather forecast to know what is happening, just the click of a button and I have my info. To find the right medication for my animals, at the touch of a button, I have my info. To communicate with business entrepreneurs, with like minded careers, to learn from experiences and seek advice, with a online platform such as Linkedin ( https://www.linkedin.com/?report%2Efailure=adZIVBnWTib4up_BiP_fhajxJtMf-QxCuI5n3xXRttZscKxS6FJjbN4qYCKWmvPauF8bvrjY0gMo-bRRTAHLnrfYYkKD-qaxjFjLbhAeRkM_cnR4Tzy5bDtRt8K5l92UN9bG). To build and strengthen relationships with customers I use platforms like facebook https://www.facebook.com/.

In the field of agriculture there is a platform where people from all over the world exchange information, ideas, and resources related to the use of information and communication technologies (ICT) for sustainable agriculture and rural development. This platform is called e-agriculture http://www.e-agriculture.org/e-agriculture.

No comments:

Post a Comment